Submit your resume
Our client is an ecological consulting firm established in Ottawa in 2008. They are seeking a full-time Bookkeeper to join their team in Ottawa, Ontario.
They work for land developers in the Ottawa region and mining companies all over Canada. Their staff of 15 is principally comprised of biologists that are specialized in fisheries, wildlife, wetlands, and species at risk. Their staff are regularly required to go to client properties to collect environmental samples and observations, on which they write reports in their office environment. Their company is expanding operations, and the successful candidate will be integral in identifying and managing improvements to the corporate accounting environment.
The Bookkeeper will champion internal procedures for and collection, management and interpretation of financial data. This may include enhancing use of current financial software system, or implementing use of an alternative software system.
Manage/implement internal reporting process for:
- monthly work in progress,
- work backlog
- tracking profit-loss analysis by staff, project, client and department
- invoice generation, submission to clients, and recovery
- monthly reconciliations
- monthly payroll
- payment of expenses to staff and suppliers
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent skills in organization, communication, information collection, and problem analysis
Bonus Points for:
- Quickbooks experience
- Excel proficiency
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.