Submit your resume
Summit Search Group, a leading national recruitment agency, has partnered on this exciting opportunity, seeking a highly resourceful Outside Sales Representative. As the Outside Sales Representative, you will bring seasoned expertise to managing sales activities within the MB territory. Your account portfolio will encompass a mix of strategic and transactional (month-to-month) customer accounts. Through your adeptness in the sales process, creative problem-solving, and strong relationship-building skills, you will drive new prospects and enhance sales opportunities with existing customers.
About the Company:
Our client is a privately-owned wholesale distribution company that specializes in high-quality non-structural building products. The corporate headquarters and strategically placed distribution centers contribute to the company’s commitment to delivering top-notch products to the B2B sales industry. Join this innovative and thriving organization, and be part of a team dedicated to excellence in product delivery.
- Follow and actively contribute to the sales process, aiming to achieve profitable results set by the Regional Business Development Manager.
- Grow business with existing customers/leads through effective upselling or cross-selling of our products.
- Establish and maintain multiple accounts through proactive follow-ups, employing outgoing calls and emails.
- Close new accounts, ensuring accurate information entry into the CRM for record-keeping.
- Develop and adhere to a quarterly call schedule.
- Efficiently handle account inquiries, resolve complaints, and escalate issues to management when necessary.
- Conduct regular follow-ups post-deal closure to ensure client satisfaction.
- Understand and analyze customers’ needs, identifying sales opportunities and providing creative solutions.
- Continuously improve and strengthen accounts through soliciting feedback.
- Stay updated on product knowledge/updates, industry best practices, promotional trends, and competitor presence.
- Focus strategic sales efforts through studying existing customers and providing feedback to management to support ongoing market studies.
- Maintain an organized workspace, filing documents, updates, and product information for easy accessibility.
- Promote the Company’s manufactured products.
- Prepare RFPs and quotes, securing orders.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in attaining business from certain accounts in a B2B environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to meet accounts.
- An asset to have a post-secondary in business.
- An asset in the building materials industry
- Strong communicator with clients and colleagues. Should be able to listen actively, understand client needs, and articulate our product and service value proposition.
- Superior ability to influence, build rapport and be a trusted representative of the Company.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization.
- Goal oriented having a high sense of urgency to set and achieve monthly and annual targets.
- Strong computer and accuracy skills are required for processing orders, ordering material, checking inventory, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and CRM.
- Continuous hunger to acquire updated product knowledge to grow sales
If you are a strategic Sales Representative looking for an exciting new challenge, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.