Submit your resume
Our client is a leader in Group Benefits, Group Retirement Services and Individual Insurance and Wealth, offering a full range of trusted products and services that put their clients’ needs first. They are looking for a full-time Associate Financial Advisor to join their team based in Ottawa, Ontario.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with and supporting the existing Advisory Team, adding value, and building deep, trusted client relationships. You will deliver exceptional client service, client development and provide office administration. Building and maintaining strong relationships with prospective and existing clients, centres of influence, and internal business units is an integral part of this role.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Taking on the role of primary relationship manager for the existing book of 280 insurance-only clients, while working in partnership with the head Financial Planner
- Expectations are for the Associate Financial Advisor to obtain their LLQP within 30 days
time, followed by eventually obtaining their Mutual Funds license, all covered by the
- Developing and executing planning to meet insurance sales and production targets
- Making appointments and conducting client follow-up calls
- Para planning and client management, including managing Salesforce CRM
- Appointment preparation and managing emails
- Supporting the Advisor to create marketing / sales opportunities (mining client data, marketing efforts, mailers, etc.) and working with the clients serviced by the employing advisor
- Obtaining names of sales prospects, and meeting with prospects to determine and assess needs to demonstrate, sell, or complete applications or forms for products or services
- Through one or more sessions with the prospect, establishing confidence and building credibility to establish trust
- Scheduling required insurance-related appointments for clients
- Maintaining and reviewing records of contacts, sales, and activity to set goals and evaluate progress toward goals
- Ensuring that products or services are delivered, that changes are made as needed, and that complaints, returns, or claims are processed
- Continuously studying to remain up to date on current product knowledge
- Identifying opportunities by reviewing the needs of present clients
- 2+ years of experience of delivering results within customer support or sales
- Strong relationship-building skills – strong verbal and written communication, team player, willing to receive and provide constructive feedback to improve. Treats customers with courtesy and respect
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, accuracy, and the ability to prioritize
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills – familiarization with basic word processing and office systems; comfortable with computer programs and accessing computer systems
- Familiarity with using Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook
- Pleasant and cheerful demeanor, enjoys customer service in a sales environment
- The ability to remain patient and composed under pressure
- Resilient, able to handle objections and challenges from clients
- Action oriented – is proactive, takes initiative, self-starter
- Good judgment and common sense, dependable and timely
- A LLQP (Life License Qualification Program) certification is considered an asset
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.