Submit your resume
A Manitoba house-hold name, Peak of the Market has marketed quality and locally grown produce for 80 years, supplying over 100 different varieties of fresh and delicious produce. Their solid reputation resulted in being named one of the “Top 100 Canadian Food & Beverage Companies 2017”. In partnership with Summit Search Group, Peak of the Market is currently on the search for a new Assistant Operations Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Assistant Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of production and distribution. From Production planning and packaging to receiving, picking, and shipping the successful candidate will ensure efficiency, productivity, and adherence to quality standards.
- Accountable for production inventory management; monitor inventory levels of raw materials, finished goods and work in progress to support production scheduling and customer sales, and ensuring minimal inventory loss.
- Develop, maintain, and execute production schedules for production operations, ensuring optimal utilization of resources to meet production targets. This includes collaboration with the sales and procurement team to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Assist in creating the Distribution Centre schedules and managing work schedules for production, as well as shipping and receiving. Work in conjunction with the Procurement team to secure raw materials required for the packaging process to meet sales demand.
- Support managers in leading teams to success through coaching, discipline, training, and mentorship.
- Support receipt of inbound goods and picking of orders, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. This includes ensuring that receiving and shipping paperwork is completed properly, and all Grower paperwork is communicated back to the Growers as needed.
- Responsible for health and safety, quality, productivity, and sanitation in all areas of Production and Operations.
- Work with the Operations Managers, Supervisors, and staff to ensure that the Distribution Centre operations maintains a British Retail Consortium accreditation.
- Challenge the status quo and consistently identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in the development and implementation of standardized KPI’s for the departments.
- 3+ years’ experience supervisory experience within a production or distribution environment.
- Familiar with and understands production efficiencies and the shipping/receiving process.
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting with demonstrated urgency, excellence in organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking to consistently ensure project completion.
- Excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety workplace regulations.
- Mechanically inclined.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.