Assistant Brand Manager
About Our Client:
Our client is one of the leading confectionary suppliers in Canada.
The Assistant Brand Manager supports overall management of the brand(s) including achievement of revenue, profit, and strategic marketing objectives.
- Support the overall development and execution of the annual marketing brand plans. Support development of new products including opportunity analysis, coordination with international marketing and cross-functional teams in overall development of new products, coordination of market research, and execution of new product launch plans.
- Develop creative briefs and lead graphic design agency in packaging development
- Track and complete on-going management of the spending budget for the brand including media spend
- Assist in the development, tracking and adjustment of brand forecasts.
- Help support market research execution with suppliers/agency.
- Support development and execution of marketing programs including consumer promotions and advertising/marketing communications.
- Develop selling materials in support of new products and consumer marketing programs.
- Work closely with MPM (Germany) & Project Management Team (Chicago) in commercializing brand products/programs.
- Support brand development and growth through analysis of brand information, category and competitive data.
- Complete Monthly/Annual and ad-hoc brand performance reports along with other reports as needed (Nielsen data, Factory Shipments, etc.).
- Interact with Sales Managers & Retail Team to:
- – Develop and communicate marketing and new product programs
– Develop effective selling stories and tools
– Provide insights about the consumer and the overall brand health and positioning
– Support development of products/programs and presentations for key customers and channel-specific opportunities
- Manage key projects to meet objectives including:
- – Development and management of project timetables to ensure timely execution
– Leadership of project teams/task forces
– Management of outside suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working experience and knowledge of AC Nielsen data preferred
- Working experience and knowledge of SAP/R3 preferred
- Energetic and action-oriented individual contributor with a track record of achieving success
- Collaboration and team-oriented individual who can successfully collaborate with team, cross-functional, and international colleagues to achieve goals
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and discern between urgent and important
- Strong analytical and insights-driven approach; capable of translating data into insights or a brand story
- Solutions-oriented, creative problem-solving skills
- A high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up
- Ability to lead and progress projects/assignments forward in a small team environment and structure
- Curiosity for Consumer, Category, and Customer business
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Marketing.
- One to two years related experience, preferably in a Consumer Packaged Goods environment.
To apply, please send a resume to Amanda Graham at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Assistant Brand Manager