Submit your resume
AltaSteel – Quality Assurance Manager
Summit Search Group is excited to partner with AltaSteel, a producer of rolled steel products for the mining, construction, automotive and engineering industries, in the recruitment of a Quality Assurance Manager in Edmonton. This person will oversee multiple manufacturing units and ensure all quality control objectives are met in both process and product while maintaining the core values of safety and customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to develop, maintain and grow both internal and external relationships among the operations team, sales team and customers
- Possess the ability to openly communicate all steps of process with customer – discuss any issues or anomalies with products
- Identify and alleviate any quality issues throughout production and end product
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Leadership approach should be a balance of directive and collaborative-this person will be open to ideas and input but will ultimately be responsible in making the decisions
- Responsible for the final review of all quality documentation prior to release to the client and the managing of the individuals compiling information
- Promote quality, ensure processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained
- Promote awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization and ensure that the quality control on all projects is managed in a consistent manner
- Liaise with the regulatory bodies and ensure compliance
- Responsible for leading and assisting the project team members to ensure compliance with the client, industry and internal quality requirements
- Perform review of the Quality Management System at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability and effectiveness (opportunities for improvement)
- Report to Senior Management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement
- Maintain a complete file of records of QA/QC for all projects
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality
- Open to site visits to ensure complete understanding of clients needs-development and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in Engineering-Metallurgy/Material Science or Mechanical
- Related industry experience with minimum of 6-8 years of QA Leadership managing a team of several quality inspectors. Experience in Ferrous metallurgy preferred.
- Proven history of leveraging six sigma/lean principles to achieve high levels of production efficiencies and cost improvements.Well conversant with Statistical tools and statistical quality control and use of sampling methodologies.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Ability to travel throughout North America as business requires
Remuneration for this role consists of a competitive base salary and a short-term incentive program, an amazing benefit program, health spend allowance, defined contribution RPP and opportunity for growth.