Summit Search Group is excited about a newly created opportunity with our Biotech client looking for an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible supervising, monitoring and evaluating the daily accounting and financial reporting functions. You will be responsible for; preparing quarterly and annual financial statements, tax returns including SR&ED claims, bi-weekly payroll processing and supervising accounting staff.
This position is initially a maternity leave replacement with roles and responsibilities likely to change following the replacement term and as the fast-paced organization grows. This is a great opportunity to work with an exciting, growing company with an excellent work culture!
- Oversee review and approval of day-to-day financial transactions, including but not limited to payables, receivables, and general ledger
- Supervise accounting staff (1-2 direct reports)
- Cash management, including review of weekly bank reconciliations and weekly payment runs
- Preparing complex journal entries, as required
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements for a dual-listed reporting issuer using IFRS
- Assist in management of external audit and quarterly reviews
- Assistance with budget oversight including preparation of quarterly management reports
- Prepare Scientific Research and Economic Development (SR&ED) claims and work with accounting firm to support preparation of annual US and Canadian tax returns
- Assist with Government grant claims and reporting
- Review of bi-weekly payroll for Canadian and US employees, includes year end T4 and W2 reconciliations
- Annual review of financial processes, internal controls and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of relevant financial accounting, reporting, and current industry practices in order to provide financial expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, plus CPA Designation plus 3-5 experience in a similar role. Payroll Certification is a bonus.
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines (specifically payroll and SR&ED) and IFRS Standards
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Sage Intacct or other Sage products
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Forward thinking and values continuous improvement
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to shift priorities
For additional information regarding this unique opportunity, please contact Siobhan Murphy [email protected]
Summit Search Group would like to thank everyone who applies. Only candidates whom meet the criteria will receive follow up communications.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.