About Our Client: Our client is well established and growing, global organization that offers products and solutions in the workzone safety space.
Position Scope: Our client is looking for an experienced, dynamic and business and tech saavy Accounting Lead. The Accounting Lead will own various aspects of accounting for the company including AP, AR, bank reconciliations, overseeing payroll, office administration, etc. This individual should have a good understanding of how orders move through the QuickBooks system from initial creation to invoice and beyond. Please note, this role is based in the office 5 days a week with COVID safety protocols in place.
- Overall responsibility for the accounting function using QuickBooks Online
- Responsible for Accounts Payable & Receivable functions
- Perform bi-weekly payroll cycle (Ceridian) preparation and accounting for hourly and salaried employees
- Full reporting, filing and accounting of HST returns
- Annual EHT and WSIB account reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Weekly bank balance reporting and manage weekly cash flow in QuickBooks
- Review expense sheets and conduct reimbursements as needed
- Work closely with external accounting firm to ensure they have all the appropriate documentation required
- Working on ad-hoc tasks or responsibilities as and when required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Possesses a high degree of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to deal with fluctuating priorities, be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects
- Must be meticulous with an eye for detail; be efficient and thorough, and exceptionally organized
- Resourceful, independent self-starter and dedicated
- Passionate and highly motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration, efficiency, and excellence
- Strong desire to learn and excel
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Requires strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong knowledge and experience with QuickBooks is required
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.