Submit your resume
Our client is a leading industrial automation Systems Integrator and Electrical Contractor and they provide engineered products and services to various industries across North America, including Forestry, Food and Beverage, Distribution Warehouses and Airports. Their technical focus includes high-performance AC drive systems, PLC and HMI programming, supervisory control and industrial IT services. Keys to our client’s business philosophy are quick, quality service and working closely with end-users, consultants and OEMs to ensure that the customer requirements are met or exceeded.
They are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join their team.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key clients and build relationships with new clients.
- Cultivate relationships from the plant level to a senior corporate level to maximize their business opportunities within those accounts.
- Assist with the development of the sales plan.
- Assist with the development of sales forecasts for the near term and future business to ensure a stable workflow and allow planning of long-term infrastructure and resources to support the business
- Manage relationships with supplier partners to provide a focused and coordinated strategy to maximize our mutual business opportunities efficiently.
- Sales Execution
- Prepare professionally developed quotes and proposals, present to clients and aggressively close orders.
- Some travel is required.
- Project Lifecycle Support
- Kickoff meeting with the engineering and production teams.
- Liaison with customers, manage change orders, to ensure orderly project flow.
- Attend Lessons Learned meetings to support the creation of future proposals and quotes.
- Promote corporate core values of Teamwork, Quality, Safety, Customer Service,
- Integrity and Open, Respectful Communication.
- Substantial commercial, strategic & tactical selling skills.
- Proven track record for closing orders.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable and experienced in developing high-level relationships with new and existing clients.
- Interacting at all levels within our company, our customers and our suppliers.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of leading industrial automation technologies and solutions-based selling. Ability to apply the knowledge to solve problems and improve customer productivity creatively. To be able to understand clients’ critical needs/priorities and present solutions to help our clients be successful in meeting operational KPI goals through automation and electrical solutions.
- Experienced working in or with an automation integrator
- Drive to succeed, willing to take on new challenges and have a can-do attitude.
- Team player, adapt and be innovative in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A good understanding of mechanical systems would be an asset.
Qualifications and Education:
- Electrical Engineer or Electrical/Electronic Technician/Technologist, or equivalent work experience. Eligible for membership in APEGBC or ASTTBC.
- Industrial electrical systems design/installations knowledge.
- 5+ years of engineering, 5+ years of business experience, 5+ years of experience in strategic marketing and automation solutions sales.
- Strong base salary (80-110K) and uncapped commissions (30-40K)
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Car allowance plus gas card
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the criteria and live in the Lower Mainland will be contacted.